Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Feedback Wanted DS 708
Feedback Wanted DS 708

2838 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2013-07-16 03:50:52

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    terry_2_u
    2013-03-16 13:28:45
    Gretting I am just researching the purchase of a new DS708 and have been reading through the forum posts. I have spoken to some local shops that have a unit and the feedback seems ok. My biggest concern seems to be how dedicated Autel will be in turning this into a professional tool that rivals SnapOn . Right now I have the cash to purchase anything I want. I have access to snappy equipment if the DS cant do the job but its a hastle to take the car out of my own shop just to do diagnostics. my question is should I buy a DS and expect it to be my go to diagnostic scanner or should I buy The Solus ultra and think about the DS708 later down the line as a backup. Even snapon scanner will fail to get the job done every once in a while. I would also like to know from tech support if they are thinking of adding features similar to Snap On's code assist in future? I await replaies and feedback. Than You in advance

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    terry_2_u
    2013-03-16 13:33:11
    I forgot to mention that the DS708 comes at a considerable discount to the Snap on unit so that is also a contributing factor in my decision. DS looks like it will cost 1/3 the money of the snappy solus

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-03-18 04:44:17

well, sir, thanks for considering our DS708. I could not make the decision for you, but I can tell u something you should know. ..... First, almost every customer in USA think DS708 works fine with US vehicles. We do pay a lot of attention in US market. ......Second, considering more and more US users are purchasing or repairing Euro and Asian cars, we have put a lot of effort in this area. Some customers who had already had their snappys still want to own one DS708 because our vehicle coverage is very aggressive......As regards to Snapon code assist, we are considering building our own database in the near future, but we do provide some on-tool code tips right now. The web-based experience-driven database is a huge project, so I could not say we will offer you over one night. But we are working on it.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    jmechanic

2013-04-08 12:55:40

-

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    turbozccrx

2013-06-28 19:37:10

Reply to Jmechanic, more info on the pass thru module please.i would like to know ager you bought it from.thanks for your support.4 floor:

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-07-03 01:16:54

You are welcome.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    jmechanic

2013-07-15 10:40:11

Hi yes the passthru that i have is an actia clone but i hear autel is coming out with their own passthru device and it will be much better than the one i have and is original, sorry I cant post where I got mine from is not autel product and this is an autel forum only good luck .

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-07-16 03:50:52

hmmm, yes, we will launch our new Passthru soon.
  Total1 Pages